If someone hasn't asked you to hangout Saturday night at this point, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that you probably won't have a date. And that's totally fine, boys kinda suck anyways. I mean if you enjoy his company I would say yes to the date, but don't go out of your way desperately looking for some #romance. As much as I joke about my romance-less life, sometimes I do miss having someone to do everything with. Instead when I need a last-minute plus one to an event I go down a list asking all the same guy friends that I call when I need to put together Ikea furniture. When I ask a guy friend "what are you doing tonight?" he doesn't know if I'm calling about an open bar magazine issue release party with my babe model friends to introduce them to or if I need help building a credenza. Anyways, I've put together this hot list of activities you can indulge yourself into on Saturday because if you're single (or cynical) on this inconsequential holiday, calories don't count.
1. Wine Tasting On Your Couch- Pretty self-explanatory, but underrated. I'm really into pinot noir lately...~swoon
2. Watch Gossip Girl- DON'T watch the romantic episodes. Instead watch the episodes when Chuck trades Blair for the Empire (still upset over this). Or the episodes where Blair is dating Dan Humphrey (still makes me cringe to this day that Blair would date someone from Brooklyn.)
3. Make an obnoxious dessert and eat it all- IT'S 2015 AND CHEESECAKE FILLED STRAWBERRIES ARE A REAL THING. Get the recipe here.
4. Shooting Range- If seeing some girl that you haven't talked to since junior year of high school post a photo of flowers she got delivered to her office accompanied by a box of chocolates she probably won't even eat because she's afraid they have gluten in them makes you want to put a bullet in something, then shooting range might be a good idea. I'm not a violent type of gal, but if you're feeling distraught over how your last beau broke your heart this might be a good way to get some of your words left unsaid out. If you're in LA visit the LAX Firing Range, here.
5. Mondrian Hotel Sky Bar- Because what's a better way to celebrate anything than being poolside with a refreshing cocktail. The lychee one is my favorite. AND on Valentine's Day they're having a little day party with DJ Best Ghost (I'm a fan girl for him). Event info below.
6. Buy yourself flowers- Go ahead, you don't need someone to buy them for you. You can post them on Instagram and hashtag #secretadmirer and pretend that someone left them on your porch. I won't tell anyone.
7. Drive!- Have no destination and see what you stumble upon. Go up the coast and stop at hidden coffee shops. Drive up PCH to Malibu and go to one of my favorite spots on the pier, Malibu Farm. The Swedish Mini Pancakes are like one of my favorite things ever. The view is perfect. Go to a place you've always wanted to go to before. Drive to Salvation Mountain. Discover an ivy covered garden cafe. Make cheesy Valentine's Day cards and give them out to cute baristas.